It is pretty great to be on the receiving end of a fundraiser, but there’s something to be said for being on the giving end. Since Bennett’s accident he has received so much…monetary donations, donations of time and talent, love, prayer and positive energy. This has all helped and continues to help his recovery. It will be a long process, but he has risen to the occasion and continues to work hard to regain his strength and mobility.
Today he will be on the giving side. Since the weather cooled off the fish turned on. He and Wes have been “working hard” catching some fish. Tomorrow Bennett and Wes are hosting a fish fry to benefit the Savannah Skate Park. If you’re around stop by. They will be frying up some trout, redfish, sheep head and flounder. There will also be grits, slaw, chips, dogs, cookies and drinks.
When Bennett moved to Colorado he called home and said, “Mom, every little town in Colorado has a concrete bowl!” He’s passionate about skating and pretty stoked that Savannah is finally getting a nice concrete skatepark. Every little bit helps so he and Wes are pitching in and hope to make a small dent in the big budget. Ben will be at the fish fry with the skatepark plans for you to check out.
Hope to see you there!
- Date: Saturday September 29, 2012
- Time: noon-the food runs out
- Place: Memorial park, Tybee Island, GA (small pavilion in the NW corner near 4th and Jones)
- $$: please consider donating. Suggested donation is $10.00 for the fish fry but there will be hot dogs for kids. Any donation will be greatly appreciated.
- Why: After many years of hard work and planning the Savannah Skatepark is finally coming to fruition but money is still needed to be able to complete the vision.
Special thanks to Brighter day, North Beach Grill, and BJ Collett for helping with the rest of the food.