Sunday, December 18, 2011

A brief (but good) update




I keep starting a new update, then get sidetracked and something changes.  I’ll try to post a more comprehensive update on the last week in the next day or so but the bottom line is that Bennett is making great progress.  He was moved from the NSICU yesterday evening to the “step down” unit.  This unit still has a high level of care is for those patients who have been in ICU and aren’t quite ready to go to a regular floor.  This is a huge move.  He’s had so many friends and loved ones here and he’s in pretty good spirits.  Last night he said to me, “Mom I have a lot of great friends don’t I?”   Yes he does.

Much love and gratitude,

Libby

7 comments:

  1. Libby, that sounds like real progress! Yay, Bennett! Keeping you both in my heart and thoughts. Still wish I could hold your hand through this, and let my goldendoodle puppy, Willy, love on you and Bennett. He reminds me so much of Sticks. I'm sure Willy's love would heal you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bennett you da man.

    love

    THOMSON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I'm so happy to hear about Bennett's amazing progress. I pray for Bennett's body to be healed and his spirit to remain strong. I wish I could be more help to you on this journey. You're both constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy to hear this news!!! A huge step for Bennett, closer to getting home!!! Always thinking of you guys...
    Take care,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping us updated and soooo happy to hear he's moved to less intensive!

    It's wonderful that so many of his friends are there to support you all!

    ANYTHING I can do to help you from this end PLEASE let me know Libby!

    XOXO Lady Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were all pulling for ya here buddy, Keep fighting.


    Matt. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news! Tell him mango says whats up! And thinkin of him!

    ReplyDelete